Monday, September 2, 2013

Madeline's Sweater

I finished the sweater for Madeline, my sister's great granddaughter.  Now that I have finished it, I will be able send it and the horse and cowgirl to her this week.  It is always so nice to complete my projects.  I encountered a few problems with this sweater.  The pattern I was using has always been pretty true to gauge, so I thought it would be this time, too.  However, my yarn must have been a much lighter weight than I have used in the past.  After completing the hood, I could see that it was smaller than I wanted.  I planned on making it the six month size, but it was coming out more like for a three month.  I didn't want it to be that small, because I didn't think she would get much use of it before she outgrew it.  I decided to use the stitch counts for the one year size and hoped it would be more like the six month.  It worked pretty well to do that, so I had to take out part of the hood and enlarge it.  Now, it looks pretty good, and should be more useful than it would have been if I continued to make the smaller size.

I wasn't sure if I would like the crayon buttons because of the cable pattern, but I think it looks nice with them.

Next on my list of things to do is to get started with the men's Christmas sock slippers.  I will also be working on a secret project that I will not be able to post until after Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment