Thursday, October 18, 2018

Toys Completed

I've finished all the toys, pillows, quilts, backpacks, and Christmas things that I am going to use at the Holiday Festival. This year I decided to mainly do things for kids.  I wanted to have different stuff this year so that is why I chose to do these items.  Here are the latest creations.

These child backpacks were totally new this
year. I used a simple drawstring type backpack
pattern and added the toys from another toy
pattern. I love the way they turned out.

This is the older child version of the backpack






















Next are the latest of my toys sewn on the machine.  These adorable animals have huge heads and little bodies.  To keep them standing, I put a rice pack in the bottoms to weight them down and keep them upright.

The horse from the front looks more like rodent but cute.

Horse from the side.

Giraffe from the front.

Giraffe from the side.

Unicorn from the front.

Unicorn from the side. This shows the little wings in the
back and the tiny horn beneath the mane.

Zebra from the front.

Zebra from the side.


























































































































































Another new project this year is the neck pillow pets.  I have had this pattern for several years but never really used it.  I once used it but changed it a bit and made it into just a stuffed monkey for my first grandson.  This time I made the neck pillows.  I used the very same colors that showed on the pattern front.

The cat.

Love the lion.

The monkey is my granddaughters favorite. She wants
it if it doesn't sell.

The dog.




























































I also made a large pillow and two baby blankets with accompanying toys.

This is my big dolphin pillow.


Girl's blanket with the little knitted bunny to
go with it. The bunny is made with the super
soft yarn.

The boy's blanket. I had two complete crocodiles
from the fleece back print that I cut out
and sewed together and then stuffed it to make
a little toy croc to go with the blanket.























Next are the rest of the machine sewn toys.  Most are the miniature toys that are so difficult to make because they are so small for sewing the seams.

These are the miniatures. The bear, duck, cow, elephant, cat, and dog in the back and the purple fish with silvery fins in front.

These are the simple animals with no detailed
parts to be sewn in like with the miniatures.

Perhaps the ugliest little bear. I loved the material
I used, but it didn't look as good as I thought
it would when finished. I had to glue the nose
and belly and it didn't look good so I added a
ribbon to spice it up a bit.
























The rest of my projects are of a mixed bag so I will just finish with all of them here.

I just made two new tree ornaments this year out of plastic canvas because I had some left over from last year.

This Santa door hanger is very large and
was made with four connecting parts. It
took a long time to make but it looks nice.

This is my chef plastic canvas wall hanging.
The center of his face does not show up as
much as it shows in photo but I had to overlap
two pieces for the head so it is thicker there and
shows here. It is also made of  six parts but is
not as large as the Santa.
























Granddaughter's ladybug costume. Just made a
backpack style shell.

Front of ladybug. I just bought a nice hooded
pants suit for the body and found a ladybug
kit for the antenna which also had gloves
and a chocker necklace.





The one knit thing I have made like before.
This is my favorite hat and I make it each year.
It sells well. I am now back to knitting more
things like for past years.


Grandson's birthday cake. Pretty simple to make cause he
just wanted it to be a football. He turned eleven.

No comments:

Post a Comment