Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Gifts For Des

Another baby is about to be born to a lady at church.  She has been Nursery Leader for many of my grandchildren.  She is a sweet lady, and I am having fun making a few things for her new little boy soon to join us.  I understand that she may want to try using cloth diapers, so I made a set of twelve pocket type diapers like I made for my grandson, Ezra. I also made a couple of water proof covers, but they look too small to cover the diapers.  She may not be able to use them like I hoped, so I bought some plain ones from the store to cover the diapers I made.  She has requested blankets, so I made a variety of blankets, so she can match them to the weather.  She wants a boppie, and I have a very little used one with a purple cover that has a zipper for easy removal for washing.  Since she is having a boy, I thought a different color might be better. 

These are the diaper covers.

There is one monkey, one football, and two of the X Marks the Spot blue diapers.

There are two of each of these patterns.

This cuddly friend blanket does not show the bear's face, but it is adorable and should make a nice, soft cuddly friend.

Flannel Receiving blanket

Flannel Receiving blanket with a hood.

Tied fleece blanket

Boppie pillow with the new cover.

I was going to knit a blanket and embroider a poem on the squares, but I have decided not to finish it for this baby.  It will take too much time, and I have made enough other things.  I will continue to work on the knitted blanket, but I will save it for my next grand child (if I get any more).  I know at least one family wants to have another baby, so I should be able to give it to that baby.  Hope it will be a boy, since the color of this blanket is a variety of blues framed with white.

No comments:

Post a Comment