Friday, March 6, 2015

More Headbands, a Muffler, and a Hat

Rhonda from church has been keeping me busy again.  For awhile I didn't have anything to do, so I was doing cross stitch projects for Christmas presents and then I started knitting baby hats to donate to the hospital.  I knew if I got back to knitting that someone would want something done.  Anyway, Rhonda saw the headbands that I made for Donn and just had to have some for her and her daughter.  She saw my hat and loved that, too, so another order.  Then, when she showed the bands I made for her to her husband, he said he could use something sort of like them to use around his neck.  He is a police officer and often has outdoor duty and he needs warm things, so I made a muffler sort of thing for him.  He also wants more socks like the ones I made for him for a Christmas present from Rhonda.  That one is going to have to wait because I need to get to some baby projects for my niece's daughter who is having a baby.  Her shower is at the end of the month.  I want to get on those before I do more socks.  He won't need them anymore for this year by then, but I can get them done later for him to use next winter.

These are the first three bands I made for Rhonda.  Each is done in a different cable pattern

She wanted another one in a lighter color, so this is that one.

This is the muffler thingy I made for her husband. It is done in beehive cable.

This is Rhonda's hat. They really like the charcoal gray wool, so there is a band, a muffler, and a hat out of it.

Now, I can get back to some baby things.  I really like making things for babies.  I am going to start knitting a farm play set first.

No comments:

Post a Comment