Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Socks completed

I have been knitting socks for awhile.  A friend has asked me to make socks for Christmas again.  I don't like to wait until last minute to get socks knitted.  They are so time intensive.  I have been using the same pattern for socks for quite some time, but decided this time I would try new ways to make socks.  I have knitted three pairs for men and three for women.  I used a slightly different pattern for each of them.

These are for the women.  On the left is the Faux-cable, in the center is a lace cuff, and on the right is a lace sock.  The Faux-cable and the lace cuff both have the same kind of heel, but differ in the cuff.  The Faux-cable has a ribbed cuff all down the leg, whereas the lace has only a lacy looking cuff and the rest of the leg is in regular stockinette stitch and so it looks much wider.  The lace sock has a lacy look from the very top down to the toe.  It also has a different heel that is reenforced with a double yarn.  It is 100% wool and is a very thick sock.

For the men, on the left and right are a basic ribbed and in the middle is a plain ribbed.  There are two differences in the basic and the plain ribbed.  The basic has a two inch cuff on the top of the leg and they also have a reenforced heel that is knitted totally differently than on the plain ribbed one.

Now that the socks are done, I will start making some things for the Christmas festival just in case I decide to do a booth again this year.  I don't know if I will be knitting any Christmas gifts for the family this year.  I may just try sewing things.  I haven't decided for sure.  I may change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment