Sunday, December 11, 2016

Promise Kept

As I said I would in my last blog, the doll would be done soon.  That was, I believe Friday.  Today is Sunday and the doll is finished.  I worked on it yesterday after I finished my holiday decorating.  I finished one leg early in the morning and did not get back to it until 8:30 last night.  I finished the whole doll except for the face and the skirt. I went to bed at 1:30 and got up this morning at 6:00 and started in again.  I added the face and then went down to sew the skirt.  I found materials that were perfect for color to match the leggings I had knitted.  I even found a ribbon just the size I needed and the color matched beautifully.  It took me longer than I had anticipated, but after about an hour's work, she is finished and ready to deliver today.

I had to go back after taking the picture to sew her arms in a little more in a downward position.  I didn't like the way they stuck out like she is flying.  

This shot from the back shows the hair very nicely. I never know when making hair how it will look, but at 1:00 a.m. I think it worked like a charm, and was probably the easiest hair job I have done.  She requested the hair look like the other doll that was on the horse.  I told her I wouldn't promise anything, but it actually looks very similar.
I called the lady that ordered the play set yesterday and she came to pick it up right away.  She loved it so much and was so happy that I finished it so quickly that she gave me an extra $5 for getting it done so quickly.

I will take a break today from knitting, but then it is one pair of gloves each day until Christmas.  I will need the couple extra days after Christmas and before we celebrate our family Christmas to have time to get them all done.  I am going to try my hardest to get them done.

No comments:

Post a Comment