Sunday, August 20, 2017

More Holiday Festival

These are a few more of the things I have been working on for the Holiday  Festival.
My grandson loves Captain Underpants and asked me to make him a stuffy.  I went on line to see what he looked like and I discovered that he looked much like the Cabbage Patch dolls that I used to make for my daughter (his mother).  With a little creativity of my own, this is my version of Captain Underpants.  I liked the doll so much that I decided to make another one just like it for the Holiday Festival.

Since I had a boy doll, I decided to make a girl doll also.  This is from a pattern that I got from my mother years ago.  It is really old and the directions were hard to follow but I still think she came out looking pretty good.



I have also been working on sweaters.  These are just like the ones I have made in the past that have been good sellers at the festival.

This is the girl's cabled sweater, but the picture does not even show the cable pattern in the sleeves, band, and hood band.

This is my boy hoodie with a zipper.  Love this sweater.
This final project is not a Christmas thing at all.  A few years back, I made socks for everyone in the family.  My son loved his and has been able to use them for all these years, but this past year he lifted his foot and showed me the huge hole that was in the bottom and said that he thought it was time for a new pair.  I had already made the clocks, so I decided to just make the socks for him anyway.  It was a nice project to work on while I was traveling earlier in July.
These are 100% wool socks.  Will be nice for the Maine winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment