Friday, November 10, 2017

2017 Festival Items Complete

I just finished my projects for the holiday festival table.  I am so done with them.  I don't think I can do another thing.  Here are the final things. It is an ocean play mat set.

This is the mat.  Took a long time to cut, heat bond, and applique all the things on it.

Cute little fish was difficult only because
the material I chose was so hard to sew.

Lobster is made from a shiny material with
bias tape legs. This was very difficult to
turn and stuff.

This sea star was hard to keep it's shape
because the material was too stretchy.
It is very soft and since sea stars are not
always really evenly shaped, he works.

My seahorse is made from felt so that I did
not have to turn him.  Each band of color
had to be heat bonded and then zigzagged
around to cover any spaces and to hold in
place permanently.

This little turtle is made from a very soft
fleece material that stretched a lot when
stuffing.  It was hard to make his
appendages look alike, He really looks
like he is swimming.

I love the way I finally found a way to make this little octopus' legs look right. In the
past he has had them along the side of the bottom of the head, but never looked
right.  This time, I sewed the three leg sections together and then sewed them into
the head and now they sit on the bottom. I love it.



This is the dolphin that holds all the animals inside.  I wanted to fit the mat, too, but he isn't big enough.  Instead, he can just be wrapped with the mat for storage.

Now that all this is done, I need to start working on the costumes and scenery things for the Christmas Pageant.  I have a lot to get done with that.  I still have Christmas presents to get finished, too, so there is a lot to work on.  Running out of time to get it all done, but I am sure that I will.  When I set my mind to something, I do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment