Sunday, October 21, 2018

Early Festival Order Filled

A past customer of mine for the Holiday Festival gave me an early order.  I decided not to wait until the festival to fill the order.  I showed her some of the things I have finished for the festival and she liked a couple of things but wanted something different in that kind of item.  She has a friend who is going to have a little boy and the theme is going to be dinosaurs.  I had already made the stegosaurus which she liked but wanted a blanket with a dinosaur theme rather than the one I had made with crocodiles.  She also liked the pillow pets but wanted an elephant.  Here is her order.

Elephant pillow pet as a pillow




Elephant as a pet.  I just used the same basic pattern
for the pillow as I used for the other pillow pets but
I didn't have a head from the patterns I used for the
heads, so I used the pattern for my miniature elephant.
To make it the right size, I used a 1/4 - 1/2 inch graph.
It ended up being a perfect size.

This is the dinosaur quilt also showing
the knitted stegosaurus. I was lucky to
find some dinosaur print fleece to match the
green I had used for the spines on the
stegosaurus. The back is also fleece in the
light green like the dinosaurs in the print.
By using a slightly darker border ribbon it
makes a nice contrast to the front and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment