Friday, April 10, 2020

More projects for service

In my last blog I showed the projects that I have been doing to give service to the community.  Since that time, COVID19 came upon us and many changes have had to be made.  I couldn't even deliver my lap top quilts to the nursing home.  A new service was needed. 

I began making masks.  My first batch was to be donated to family, friends, and wherever else I could find to donate them.  I made about a hundred masks.  After giving them to family and friends I still had about sixty to find homes for.  My sister-in-law works at the information desk at the hospital.  She said they could use them at the hospital so I gave them to her. 

Then a friend of mine who has a daughter who lives in a group home with four other ladies who are mentally challenged in some sort said she could use as many as I could make to donate to her daughter's organization for workers and clients. Another forty masks went there.  Then some heard of my masks and ordered some.  I made them and then some for my neighbors.  All in all, I have made over two hundred masks.

This is a sample of the masks that I made. 
I have also been working on Christmas gifts for the women in the family, but I cannot show them yet because someone might see them that should not yet.  I will blog a picture of them when they are finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment