Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Baby Sweater

I just finished a sweater for a baby that will soon arrive to a lady from church.  She is having a little girl.  I was unable to make it to her shower this past week end, but I finished the sweater to give to her at church this week end.  I am a little discouraged because I didn't have enough yarn to finish the whole sweater in the color I started with.  I could not get the exact same match, even though it was the same brand, and supposedly, the same color.  The dye lots were not the same, but I could not get the same.  I didn't have the paper to match it even if there was a chance that it would be the same.  I took a string of the one I was using to match it up, and I thought it looked the same in the store.  When I got it into the sweater, I could see that it was a lighter color.  It isn't too bad since I only had to use the new yarn for the sleeves.  I was able to finish all the rest of the sweater with the first color. The sweater is cabled and has a popcorn stitch for the sleeves and back.  All the stitches are really pretty and I like the look a lot.  I am not crazy about how the neck joins in the back.  At least, when it is being worn, the seams will not show.

You can see that the sleeves are slightly lighter than the rest of the sweater, but it will have to do.

I am back to working on Ellen's Christmas sweater.  I will do Mindy's next, since she wants one from the same pattern that I am using for Ellen's.  I want to do it right away, so I will remember how to do it.  I am enlarging this pattern from a child's to an adult's sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment