Wednesday, May 8, 2013

New Order For Amy Burns

An old friend of my son's called the other day and asked if I was still taking knitting orders.  I told her I was more than happy to make something for her because I had just finished up on all my current projects.  She dropped by with some yarn and a small sweater she had made herself many years ago.  She wondered if I could duplicate it.  She doesn't like to knit because of her arthritis.  I took the challenge.  The pattern was simple enough, but I was a little worried because of how tight the gauge was.  I knew that it would mean using a very small needle.  What I didn't realize was that it would also require retraining myself to knit at a much tighter tension than I am accustomed to using.  After many do-overs and restarts, I was finally able to get the gauge close to hers.  She wants me to make two of these sweaters, but I have to wait for her to drop off the yarn for the second sweater.  She may also want me to make a vest for her.  She is thinking about it.  Here is the result of my past week's knitting project.

The sweater on the left is hers and the one on the right is my sweater.


No comments:

Post a Comment