Sunday, May 26, 2013

Shorts for Lexi

Cheryl said that Lexi does not have any shorts yet for the summer.  She has outgrown everything from last year, so I went down and found some material and got to work.  I whipped up six pairs that I think will get her off to a good start.

Lexi in one of her cotton print shorts.

Lexi showing off another pair.

Two of the cotton prints.  The one on the left has a cuff.

This pair is longer and goes below the knee, as shown in the picture above.

These stretch knits can be used as pajamas if she doesn't want to use them as shorts.

Another cotton print pair.

I have a couple of projects in the makings right now.  I am currently working on a baby sweater for a lady at church who is having her first baby.  It is a girl, and I am making a yellow cabled sweater for her.  I am nearly completed with the body part of the sweater, but I still have the sleeves to finish.  I have also started to make Ellen's Christmas present.  I am making sweaters for all the ladies this year, and I am having them pick the pattern and the yarn. Ellen's is being made with 100% wool. I am using the same pattern as I used to make the sweaters for Ellis and Portia.  I am enlarging it as I go to fit Ellen's measurements.  I have the hood, yoke, and sleeves completed.  I still need to finish the body from the underarm down.  This is a pattern that works from top to bottom, all in one piece.  I visited Mindy this weekend and she also picked her yarn and pattern.  It turns out that she wants one just like Ellen's.  I will start hers when I finish the baby sweater and Ellen's.

No comments:

Post a Comment