Friday, July 27, 2012

What a Productive Day!

Amazingly, I was able to accomplish more today than I thought possible.  I assembled all five of the quilt tops that were ready for assembling. After that, I also managed to cut out the batting and the backs for the super hero quilts.  Since they are the same size, I was able to do both of them at the same time.  That saved so much time.  I'm too tired to do any more tonight, so I am calling it quits for the day.  Here are the results of today's labors.


Lucy's

I didn't put Portia's on the bed to take the picture so that I could show the animals on the side blocks better.

Lexi's

Joey's and Ellis's are both like this.

I need to do some embroidery work before I can assemble the other three quilt tops.  It shouldn't take long to get it done, so I will be back to assembling very soon.  I should be able to start quilting these by the beginning of next week.  I do not do actual quilt stitching.  I just tie them.  My hands will not allow me to do the quilting stitches.  They cramp up too much.  Besides, I have never liked to do quilting.  It takes so much time, and I am so impatient to complete something. Tying my quilts lets me get them done much faster, and I think they still look very nice.  Besides, most of the quilts I do are better suited for tying, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment