Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What a Wonderful Feeling!

I just completed tying the sixth quilt.  Now, I am ready to bind all of these six quilts.  I have the binding cut and ready for all eight of the quilts.  I will not be able to do any more on the two Cinderella quilts until I have finished the embroidery work for them.  Each quilt has ten blocks that tell the Cinderella story that will go around the outside of the quilt.  These blocks all need to be embroidered before I can complete those two quilts.  I do not anticipate being ready to finish them for a couple of months.  I am just so happy to have the other six this far.  I am showing the embroidery work on the Cinderella dresses and on the Thomas and Friends quilt blocks.  I showed these blocks before, but the embroidery had not yet been done.  I think they really look a lot better now.

You can't really see too much of the detail that I embroidered onto the trains, but the tracks at least show up now.

Cinderella's dress now looks better with the line detail embroidered onto it. It was very plain before.
I plan to start putting the binding onto the quilts tomorrow.  I am trying to decide if I want to machine sew around the main appliqued figures now so that the outline will show on the backs of the quilts.  It will be just one more thing I have to do before the quilts are finished, but I'm thinking that it might be the thing to do.  We will see after I get the binding on them all before I make my final decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment