Saturday, February 8, 2014

Nightgown Dismay

One of the nightgowns that I made for my granddaughters was a mishap.  The flannel was very soft, and I thought it would make a nice nightgown.  The problem was that the material kept falling apart at the seams and at the neck edge. It simply frayed apart.  Dot was so unhappy so I told her I would make her another one.  They don't take much time at all.  She wanted the doggie material.  I didn't think I had enough because that is what I used for Portia's. However, since I made the yoke and sleeves of Portia's out of pink, and since Portia's was smaller anyway, I was able to have enough material to make one for Dot out of the material she wanted.  I still needed to make the yoke pink and I cut out one of the doggies and appliqued it to the pink yoke.  I had just enough material and I think it came out really cute.

The new nightgown.

The first nightgown which she could only wear about once.

This shows how the material frayed at the neck edge.  This is also what it did at the seams.
As a side project, I have been working on the afghan for Keeping America Warm.  I need to knit 49 squares and I have finished about 30 of them.  Hope I get this thing done in time for this winter.  If not, then it will be for next winter.  Either way, I will still ship it off to the organization if they are still doing it.  I started this project last year and I haven't checked to see if they are still doing it.  If not, then I will have a nice gift for someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment