Sunday, November 16, 2014

Let's Cover That Little Bottom With Pretty

Kim said she was ready to put Annie into cloth diapers.  She wanted some more since Ezra's were pretty worn out, and besides they were for a boy.  I went shopping for some nice soft flannel to make the diapers out of, but got carried away at all the wonderful prints.  I had to finally just tell myself that enough was enough.  I like to line the diapers with water proof material, but I am getting low on it and the colors I do have weren't that great for diapers.  Kim said that was okay because she puts a cover over them either way, with or without the liner. I was able to get two packages of water proof material that was cut the right size for making diapers.  The store only had two packages, so I took both.  I was happy that the ones they had were girly print, since that is what I needed.  I've run out of material, so I could only make twenty-two diapers, instead of the twenty-four that I was trying to get.  I think this will be enough so she doesn't have to wash every couple of days.

This is actually eight diapers.  There are two of each print.  The elephant prints have orange inside, the frog prints have green inside, the cupcake prints have pink inside, and the camouflage have purple inside.

These are the six diapers that have waterproof lining.  What you see is the waterproof material.  I lined the insides with soft pink or cream colored flannel so they will be soft on little Annie's bottom. 

I ran out of solid flannel, so these are all the same on inside and out, except for the one on the bottom left.  That material was not as soft and it had sparkles on it.  I didn't think that would be too kind to Annie, so I lined it with white flannel.

I now need to get back to Kim's other pair of socks.  I finished another scarf like the one I made before for the same lady.  She wants to give it to her daughter for Christmas.  She also wants another sweater like hers, but of a different color.  I need to wait until I hear from her about what color and the measurements before I start that.  I did get the other sweater finished with both sleeves the same color.  I will not show it again, since I already showed it with the mis-colored sleeves.  It looks the same, except now the sleeves match.  I also did not post a picture of the scarf because it looks just like the other one. This same lady now says she wants me to make socks, too.  She wants (I hope just four pairs and not eight); for her husband, son, daughter, and herself. She didn't say if they were for Christmas, but if they are, I am going to be one very busy lady trying to fill her order.  She pays well, so I want to keep her happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment