Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Sweater for Tori is Finished

I just finished Tori's sweater.  I had finished a big portion of the sweater before I decided to take out a bunch of it and do it over.  I was trying to make it a little wider than Rhonda's, so I decided to make the collar just four stitches wider.  Big mistake.  It just did not look right.  I meant to just take it out back to the collar, but when I was trying to cut the yarn that was where I had sewed the inside of the collar down to the neck edge, I accidentally cut the front stitching on the neck.  I had to take the whole thing apart, back to where I broke off from the circular needle to straight needles at the end of the first sleeve, so I could do the front and back yokes.  Anyway, I'm happy to say that that was my only big mistake.  I was able to complete the rest of the sweater without any major problems. 

I hope it will be long enough.  It is only two rounds shorter than Rhonda's and Tori is shorter.
Now, I need to knit four more pairs of socks for Rhonda's family.  Two are for ladies and two are for men.  It will take a little while, so I better get right on it.  Here I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment