Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Did I Say More Socks?

Yes, I have been making more socks.  I always think that I won't make them again, but then someone asks for some and I do them.  I don't really mind doing socks, but I feel it is hard to earn anything doing them.  My labor is pretty much free because I don't feel easy about charging a big price for a pair of socks, although they can take me as long to make as a sweater sometimes. I have decided that in the future I will continue to charge twenty dollars for a pair, plus the cost of the yarn.  That will make it worth the time it takes to make them.  I was disappointed to get my first recall on my last pair.  I guess a small hole has started in the toe.  I'm sure it was the pair that I did the kind of weaving that the pattern calls for.  I have never felt like I was getting a good tight finish that way, so I started doing it my way and it works much better.  I know the toe will be finished securely with my method. Anyway, I told Rhonda to bring the sock back and I will fix it.  I really hate knowing that my work is less than best and Rhonda has been good to me with all her orders. She deserves a good product for what she pays me.

These are the ladies' socks.  The gray pair is the recall.

These are the men's socks.
Now, I need to get to work on another sweater, same pattern, just a different color.  The pattern has become a hit with a lot of people who have asked me to make one for them.  I have at least three more ordered.  One needs to be finished for Christmas, so I will get right on it.  The other two will have to wait until after Christmas.  There isn't enough time for me to get everything finished and still stay sane for Christmas.  I have other things I need to do, like making my candies.

No comments:

Post a Comment