Saturday, December 20, 2014

Knight in Shining Armor Suit

My youngest grandson wants nothing more than to be a knight in shining armor, so for Christmas he is getting a whole knight costume.  His mother is making the sword and shield and I offered to make the suit of armor.  I found the perfect shiny material and I had a tin man costume pattern.  With only a slight alteration to the hood, I was able to convert a tin man funnel into a knight helmet.  I hope it fits him.  I made the suit a size three although he is still two, and a small one at that.  I want it to fit him for awhile.  Here is my creation.  I wish the camera did more justice to it.

Because it is hanging on a hanger, the top is closer to the knee joints that it will be on the child, hopefully.

I tried to get a better shot of the helmet from the side. I created the face joints by taking the two joint parts, and instead of sewing them together to form the joint, I sewed one to the top of the face opening and the other one on the bottom.

This is a great shot of the shoulder joint.  These joints were added to the shoulders, elbows, and knees. Each joint consists of two joint parts sewed together to give the curved look.  Then, I had to hand sew the joints in place. 

I'm actually finished with Christmas projects and I am going to take a break before I start next year's projects.  I still have two more sweaters on order.  I also already know what I am making for next year's presents for the adults.  It is not knit this time.  I am going to do cross stitch for a switch.  I will probably still do knit projects for the grand kids.  I might make sweaters again, since I know they have all outgrown their last sweaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment