Thursday, January 1, 2015

Pink Puppie For Portia

My granddaughter, Portia, was down from Maine this week for the holidays.  She fell in love with Lexi's pink puppy in a puppy carrier.  She asked me if I could make her a pink puppy to take back to Maine.  I made the puppy, but she wasn't that happy with it.  It was when I saw how she liked putting Lexi's in and out of the carrier and carrying it around that I realized she was really liking the carrier more than the puppy. So, of course, I looked at Lexi's carrier and designed one similar to it for Portia.  Mine does not stand up because I didn't have stiff enough piping to put around the edges, but it still looks a lot like Lexi's and Portia loves it.  When you are three, it doesn't take too much most of the time.

Portia with her pink puppy that she thought looked like a bunny because of the floppy ears.

Portia holding the carrying case on the end that has the netting so you can see the puppy inside.

This shows the carrier on the material side.
I had planned on blogging the pillows that I made for my friend Nancy and for Marty's family, but I realize that I forgot to take pictures of them, so no pictures of the seven other pillows and covers that I made for Christmas.  I've started working on the other sweater that I need to knit for Rhonda.  It is going slowly because I don't have a time schedule to meet.  I will work on it when I feel like knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment