Friday, January 16, 2015

Something for me

I don't like making things for myself that much, but I needed a brimmed hat for the winter.  That is why I made the hat that I posted before and is shown below.  I have been working on the scarf since I finished my other projects that needed to be completed.  I finished it last night.  It should have been longer, but I ran out of yarn and I just bound it off when I didn't have enough yarn to complete another round of the pattern which was four rows long.  It is plenty long enough for me.  It is 50" and it was supposed to be 68" long.  It is meant to be long enough to loop or tie in the front, but it is too thick for me to like the feel of it that way, so I am happy with the length that it is.  I just throw one end over my shoulder to the back.  It doesn't feel as bulky that way.  It also makes it so that I can pull the scarf up over my nose to keep it warm.  Since my surgery, my nose gets really cold, so this will be a great help.

My completed set of hat and scarf.  I like it.
 Now comes the disappointing news.  As I had feared, the neck on the charcoal sweater that I made was too small.  I need to bring the sweater back and do it over.  I sure hope I can do it without cutting any of the yoke.  I really do not want to do the whole sweater over again.  It is so hard to take out something that has been hand sewn into place like it is on the neck.  I will find a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment