Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Rhonda's Second Sweater

I just finished Rhonda's second sweater.  She wanted it to be the same pattern as her first one, but the same color of the one I made for her daughter. I think I will be done with sweaters for awhile, although Rhonda did say she was very fond of the charcoal one that I made for her friend, Donn.  She said she knew she needed to stop because I'm breaking her.  I agree.  I am thankful for her business, but she has paid me a lot of money.  Donn said she wanted another one, too, but now I think she has decided not to have another one made.  She said maybe some other time.  So, here is Rhonda's sweater.  It looks like the other cranberry one that I made.

Not much to say since it looks like the other one.
I have also been working on a project for myself.  I actually finished part of it in October and I have been wearing it, but I have not been able to finished the rest of it because I have been so busy making the sweaters and socks.  I plan to finish the rest of it now.  I was going to wait to show the whole project, but since it may take awhile, I have decided to show the first part now and will show the rest when it is finished.

This is the hat.  I will show the scarf when it is finished.

I wanted to make a hat that had a brim to protect my nose. I loved this pattern, but wish I had chosen to make it out of the plain light brown yarn that I also had purchased.  I have a brown coat, so I wanted something that would match so I bought two different colors of yarn to choose from.  This does match, but I don't like the color on me so much.  I think the plain would have been better.  I do like the hat, though, so I decided to go ahead and start a scarf to match.  It looks really pretty, but the cabled pattern makes it take a long time to do. The scarf is really long, too, so I hope I will be able to finish it in time to use this winter. I am not really a hat and scarf type of person, but I should be wearing hats to protect my nose and the scarf was just pretty, so I decided to make it, too. The reason I do not like wearing hats is because they make me itch and a scarf just makes me feel choked.  I made the hat out of cotton yarn, hoping that it wouldn't make me itch.  I'm glad that I did.  I actually don't mind wearing it.  It fits loosely, so I think that helps, too.  I'm hoping that I will feel the same about the scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment