Saturday, May 23, 2015

Birthday Time Again

It is the time of year when Joey and Lexi celebrate their birthdays.  This year, Mom is having their parties early, so I needed to get started earlier than usual.  I started with the shirts.  Lexi is totally into Barbie right now, so of course, her theme is Barbie.  Joey loves the video game Minecraft, so he is having that as his theme.  In the past, I have put pictures of them on their birthday shirts, but this year, I am just putting the theme pictures with a catchy phrase to go on them.

Joey's favorite color is red, so I put his on red. The picture doesn't show up much in the photo, but it includes a couple of his favorite characters. It says: Now Joey is six       Minecraft is his fix.

Of course, Lexi's shirt had to be hot pink. Her phrase says: Lexi at five    Keeps Barbie alive.  The picture is actually of a cake topper with Barbie in a party gown.


I have not been doing any crafting for a few weeks since I finished the baby stuff.  I went to the store tonight to get yarn to start making the hooded sweater jackets that I am going to make for the granddaughters for Christmas.  I got the things to make the birthday shirts at the same time.  The kids will have two birthday parties, one at Team Works with their school friends, and one for family.  The family one is going to be first and will be the first Saturday in June.  I will need to make cakes for that party.  The Team Works cake is the second Saturday and I will have BJ's make the cake for that one like I did last year.  I will take pictures of them wearing their birthday shirts and have them put on that cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment