Saturday, May 2, 2015

Novelty Bibs, Changing Pad, and a Snuggly Friend

I just finished eight novelty bibs, a changing pad, and a snuggly friend blanket for my daughter's nephew who is due sometime soon.  They are for the same baby that I made the Under the Sea play mat and toys. 


This is the snuggly friend blanket with a bear head and a jungle theme fleece blanket.

A puppy and a kitty with button eyes and noses.

Two aquatic bibs with googly eyes. The crab has bias tape legs and the turtle has satin ribbon legs.

A scary alligator and a sad looking cow also have button eyes and nostrils.
Winnie the Pooh and a bright gold bug with googly eyes, rick rack decoration, and bias tape legs.

This is the changing pad all folded up and ready for carrying the diapers, wipes, powders, and creams.

This shows the outside of the changing pad opened up. I tried to keep with her underwater theme.

This is the changing side of the pad which is made up of a soft flannel material.
The bibs all either have a water proof material for the back, or they have been lined with cotton quilting batting to make them more absorbent.  As with all my toys, blankets, and bibs, I use buttons for the bibs, but I always embroider the facial features on toys and blankets.  I figure the bibs will be used when the baby is small enough not to put them into their mouth, plus it would be harder to pull the buttons up and into the mouth.  The toys and blankets need to be very safe because hopefully they will play with them for a long time. I certainly don't want any babies choking on my things.

I think I might be finished, but I am thinking that I may want to try making some clothes.  I'm not happy with the patterns for baby boys.  They have so many cute things for girls, but I like making for boys, too.  I made so many clothes for my boys, but the patterns are so out dated that I don't really want to use them.  I will see what I can come up with. I need to find out when the baby is due so that I will be sure to make weather appropriate clothing if I decide to make any.

No comments:

Post a Comment