Saturday, June 6, 2015

Birthday Cakes and a Banner

After two nights of staying up until the wee hours of the morning, I have finally finished the things for the first birthday party which is today.  I finished the cakes last night, along with a banner for Joey's Minecraft theme.  I couldn't find one anywhere, so I had to get creative with the computer and toy packaging.  Here are the results of last night's work.


This is Lexi's Barbie cake. I bought the Barbie slide and pool toy set. I cut the shape of the pool out of the cake and put the pool into the hole and put the cut piece back inside the pool.  I cut out a little place in the pool cake and sat the Barbie doll with the lifesaver tube into the cutout.  Then I used blue icing to look like the water.  I used green frosting for the top of the cake to look like grass around the pool and I used pink frosting for the sides because Lexi really loves pink.  I used the candy cutout letters for the Happy Birthday Lexi.  The ladder and the slide clip onto the ends of the pool.  The set came with three little dogs and a doggie pool.  I just put them into the frosting and I did not put water in the doggie pool. I really love the way it came out and I'm sure Lexi is going to love it.

Joey's MINECRAFT cake is iced with two different colors of brown and two of green.  It is supposed to look like the cube that came with his Steve toy that goes along with the Minecraft theme.  Everything in Minecraft is square, the characters, the backgrounds, and even most of the buildings.  I came up with the idea of using sugar cubes to write the word.  It is supposed to be written as one word, but I couldn't fit it onto the cake that way, so I had to write it with two words.  I used the Steve figure, the pick axe, and the green and brown cube that came as a toy set. I wrote the Happy Birthday Joey in red frosting because red is Joey's favorite color.

As I have said before, it is impossible to get decorations to go along with Joey's theme, so I had to get really creative. I used a white plastic table cloth cut to the size of Lexi's Barbie banner.  I bought the Happy Birthday banner and taped it on. I went on the computer and printed three Minecraft scenes which I laminated and taped on.  Inside of the box that the Steve toy came in, there was the nice tree scene that I laminated and taped in the center bottom. The little shapes up in the left top corner are also from the inside of the toy box and look like the two colored brown and green cube and like the frosting on the cake. Not on this picture, I also found a couple more things from the inside of the box.  There was a square face that looked like Steve's and some more Minecraft logo names and Steve's name. I cut them out and added them to the bottom corners to fill in the banner.  I did that after I took the picture and I didn't feel like taking another picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment