Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Another Play Mat Finished

I have finished the second of the three play mat sets I am making for the festival.  I am nearly finished with the third, but still need to finish knitting the cow that holds all the set when not being used.  I am nearly half way done with it.  All the toys have been sewn on the machine.  Here is the jungle mat set.

This is the set of toys hanging from the arches.  I was able to buy the panel with an elephant already on it, so I just used it and put some batting and a back on it. This play mat can also be used as a mobile by tying the arches to the corners of a crib.  My neighbor used her set almost exclusively as a mobile instead of a floor mat play set.

These are the toys in the set.  From L. to R.: Georgia the Giraffe, Wally the Wart Hog, Tommy the Tiger, Molly the Monkey, and Zula the Zebra. The toys have bells in their feet to make them have a soft jiggle when knocked around from the arches.
It is Halloween costume time again, so I have started making them for four of my grandchildren.  I cannot find patterns for the characters they have chosen, so I have had to go online to get pictures and I have to make my own costume designs.  This is very difficult for me, but I do like to try to duplicate the look of the character they have requested.  I need to get the first two done by next week so they can be taken to Maine with their father.  He will be down next week and can take them back with him.  I still have another week to finish the other two since they live right here.  I need to have them done by the 28th.  I always feel the crunch.  I know these costumes could be purchased for less, but the kids like for me to make them, so I do.  It is fun and I look forward to doing it each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment