Thursday, March 8, 2012

New Project

It isn't easy for me to not be busy with some knitting project.  My hands just get itching to do something.  I decided that it would be a good time to practice a really hard project with some difficult cable patterning in it.  I found a sweater pattern that I really like.  I have never made anything for myself, so I thought this might be a good time to do it.  I started to work on the sweater last Saturday evening, and I just completed the back of it today, Thursday afternoon.  I am very pleased with the outcome so far.  It has been a challenge.  I have had to take some of it out a few times to fix some mistakes, and that is tedious and frustrating.  I need to reverse my stitches, one at a time, so that I do not lose the pattern.  There are four different panels of patterning, with different numbers of rows for repetition.  It gets confusing to keep track of where I am in each panel, but I finally have a feel for it, and it is running quite smoothly.

This is what the back looks like.

This shows a sample of each of the panels, plus the rib stitch at the bottom of the sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment