Friday, March 23, 2012

Success...or Not?

I have finished my sweater, and I think it looks quite nice.  However, I was really making the sweater for a dear friend of mine from college that I have recently started corresponding with on a regular basis.  I wanted to talk about the sweater and still keep it as a surprise for her.  Unfortunately, it wasn't until just a few days ago that I found out her size is much smaller than mine.  We were about the same size in college, and the last time I saw her, she had put on a few pounds just as I have done.  What I didn't know is that she has taken off more pounds than I have, and so now the sweater that was made in my size will be much too large for her.  I have decided to make a new sweater for her.  This one will be in a slightly easier cable pattern and have a v-neck shape.  I think it will still be a very pretty sweater, and hopefully one that will fit her.  Maybe, it will only take me two weeks to make, instead of three.  If so, I can still have it finished by her birthday, Apr. 7th.  Since I have already told her about it, it will be okay if it isn't finished in time.  That way, I will not have to rush so much.  Knowing me...I will still be in high gear to get it done.  That is just how I function...full speed ahead...and no looking back.

As seen from the front, it shows a little on the shoulders where I had to make adjustments because I thought the neck was way too large.  The sleeve is really raglan, but I had to put a dart seam across the shoulder to pull the neck in a little.

This side shot catches the cable patterning on the sleeves.  I am also quite pleased to see that it does not look much different on the side where the darker back meets the lighter front.  It still is more obvious to me when I see it in person, but it is not as noticeable as I thought it might be.  Remember the Woes of Yarn from an earlier blog?

Another shot of the back as seen on a person and sewed into the whole sweater.  I have blogged the back before.
Now, it will be on to Nancy's sweater.  I can hardly wait to see how it will look.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Shirley, that came out great!!!

    Sending you hugs from Wyoming! We've been having some really nice weather in the 60s and 70s (yesterday was 77!).

    Matthew's in the final countdown of his high school days... He graduates on May 22!!!

    ReplyDelete