Monday, April 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Nancy!

I can't believe it...I actually got the second sweater done in time to send it off to Nancy for her birthday.  I finished it today, took a picture of it being modeled by Cheryl, and sent it in the mail just seconds before the post office closed.  I am pleased with the outcome for the most part.  I am not that happy with the way the sleeves hang over the shoulder, but that is the style the pattern called for.  I was also disappointed that the shoulder cable patterns did not line up from the front to the back, but it doesn't show up as much with the sleeves sewn into the sweater.  I hope Nancy will be happy with the final outcome, and that it will fit her.  I wish it was a little bit longer, but I made it to the measurements that she requested.  Hopefully, it will be long enough to look good.

The front view shows how the shoulders hang over the shoulder and meet the sleeves part way down the arm.  This feels a little bit strange to me.  Hope it will be okay on Nancy.

The side view shows how neat the cable pattern looks going up the arm.

From the back, you can see the complete cable pattern, which was much simpler than the last sweater, but still very pretty.

I hope to get a picture of Nancy wearing the sweater.  Maybe, I will be able to post that when I get it.  I'm not sure what I will do next.  I have some mending to do for my daughter-in-law, Ellen.  I don't really like to mend clothes...I'd rather do my own thing from the beginning.  However, Ellen likes to keep me busy with fixing things for her.  I have never known anyone who likes to keep wearing things that are worn out, but that girl sure does.  She has things that she really likes, and doesn't want to let them go when they wear out.  She's way too busy to do it herself, so she asks me to do it for her.  I don't really mind.  I guess that is what mothers-in-law are for.  Anyway, I know she will use it if I fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment