Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Dress for my Little Goose

Lucy will be two in just a few days.  I finally got around to sewing her dress that I cut out when I did the princess dresses for Dot and Zoe.  The material on these dresses are just too hard to sew with.  It frays like the devil, and then when you cut off the frayed material, it sticks to your hand and will not let go.  I don't think I've ever been so happy to finish something.  I love the outcome, but I will think twice before ever using this type of material again.

I hope this will fit.  I used the same size pattern as I used for the older girls.  Lucy is pretty good sized for her age.  The length will probably be the biggest difference.  This is supposed to be a short dress, but will probably be long on her.

I have been working on the Christmas gifts for the ladies of the family.  I will finish them tomorrow.  Next, I will probably get started on the afghans that I plan to make for the men this year.  I have already made afghans for all of my kids a few years ago, but I think they can use another one.  I can't think of anything else to make for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment