Friday, May 4, 2012

Afghan #1 Complete

I have finished the first of the four afghans that I am making for Christmas presents.  This first one was made from 100% wool yarn that came from T.W.'s own sheep.  I had quite a bit of bulky weight yarn of several different colors.  There wasn't enough of any one color to make anything, so I just combined what I had into a pattern and used up the wool.  It is not a very big afghan, more like a lap quilt, but it will do for T.W.  I think he will like it because it is made with his own wool.  I will not be making the others out of wool.

You can see the size by the way it fits onto a single-sized bed.

I will need to see what I have in my stash of yarn downstairs before I begin the next afghan.  It will still be made with the block style, but it will be a different pattern all together.  I am not going to make any of them look alike, although they will all be done in blocks.  Afghans are harder to make as one big one.  I have made four others as one piece, but I do not want to do these that way.  They just become too heavy and hard for me to hold.  It hurts my wrists to work across them.  Plus, you have to work across so many stitches that it seems like you will never get done.  When I work in blocks, I feel I am accomplishing something because I see something get finished along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment