Saturday, May 19, 2012

Surprise Project

Kim knows how much I like to be busy, so she called me this morning and said that she had another project for me.  The girls have been cooking with her quite a bit lately, so she wanted me to make aprons for them to wear when they are helping out in the kitchen.  She said there was no rush, but of course, I don't know what that means.  After I finished mopping my floors and ironing my husband's shirts, I got right on the job.  Just a few hours later and I have my project completed.  I didn't have a pattern, so I made one of my own, cut out all the pieces for two identical aprons, and proceeded to assemble them.  I am quite pleased with the outcome.  I am getting much braver in my older years.  I would never have tried to do this without a pattern before, but I'm getting better with age.

This is the final outcome.  Both aprons are actually hanging together here.

My next project will be animal masks and tails for a lady at church.  Last week we had a service auction at my church.  What that means is that sisters offer some kind of service up for auction.  To buy the service, the sisters had to earn points by completing a survey of things they should be doing in their life, like saying prayers, making beds, listening to Conference talks, reading scriptures, doing the dishes, etc.  The service I offered was to make any shirleymade product of the sister's choice.  The sister who bought my service has seen different things I have made, particularly for Dot and Lucy, as they are good friends with her children.  After viewing my blog and thinking it over, she has decided on having me make the masks and tails for her kids to play dress-up with.  I will need to make up my own patterns again, but I will have a picture of what she wants from an Etsy entry. She wants a lion and a fox.  She needs the project done by the end of June, so I need to get it on it right away.  I just have one week to get it done.  Better get hopping again.

No comments:

Post a Comment