Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Afghan #2 Complete

I finally finished another afghan for someone for Christmas.  It is called a sampler throw and has the six different stitch patterns and colors that I showed before.  I was discouraged when sewing the blocks together because they didn't always quite match up in size to the one above or below it.  The directions had said that the blocks would not be the same size.  I wondered why, because with this kind of work, you need to match up the corners of each block.  Anyway, some of the blocks pucker a little bit because I wanted to at least get the corners to match up correctly.  The pattern did not call for a border, but I liked the way it looked on T.W.'s afghan, so I decided to do it with this one too.  I also like the way it makes the edges look more completed.  Since the squares differed in pattern, that meant that the edges also differed.  I didn't like that look, and the border ties it all in a little better.  I also like the way the dark brown I used to sew the seams in the back and the border give it a richer look.

I like the colors on my couch.  Hope they work for the one I give it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment