Monday, June 18, 2012

Birthday Time

Cheryl likes to have me design tee shirts for Lexi and Joey for their birthdays.  Both of them have their birthdays in June, so she celebrates them together.  That makes it easy for me to do at one time.  I use iron-on fabric sheets for ink jet printers.  It is fast and easy to use the computer to design them and then just print them out and iron them on.  It allows me to use pictures of them, as well as, use print shop for the writing. Here is a view of last year's and this year's results.

This is the best I could get of the shirt for Lexi's "It's Fun To Be One" shirt.

This is her "I'm Two See What I Can Do!" shirt for this year.
Joey in his "Look Who's Two" shirt from last year.

This is his "I'm Three Don't Mess With Me!" shirt for this year.

Their birthday party is going to be this Sat., so I need to get the cakes decorated.  Joey's will be easy because he wants a Toy Story cake.  I am going to frost a regular rectangular cake and just place Toy Story figure toys around the edges of the cake.  Cheryl wants me to make a Dora cake for Lexi.  I have plans to do it using two circular cakes.  I will use the basic idea of making an elephant cake that I learned to do many years ago while I was in college.  It should be cute when I get it finished and I think it will be fun to do.  I will post the results when I get the cakes decorated.

No comments:

Post a Comment