Sunday, June 24, 2012

Birthday Over

Well, the birthday party is over.  The shirts look great, however, I did have to fix Lexi's.  I had not gotten a good bond on the top of her picture.  I had to use Cheryl's iron to seal it down to prevent it from peeling off.  The temperature was so hot (both, when I was decorating the cakes and when we served them) that the frosting kept melting.  Nothing I could do about it, but overall, I still think they turned out alright.

This is supposed to be Dora.  It is on a black tray, so the brown hair does not show up much.  Also, the mouth melted too much to look like a mouth, but that is what heat will do to frosting.

Joey's Toy Story cake held up to the heat a little better yesterday, but it was a problem earlier when I tried to write on it. The letters kept melting into each other. The toy figures were part of his gift from Grandma.

This is the best picture I have of Joey in his, "I'm three don't mess with me" shirt and his cake.

Lexi with her Dora cake.  The hair shows a little better in this shot, but so does the frosting melting off her arm.

Lexi in her, "I'm two look what I can do" shirt and her black eye that she got the day before from colliding with her father's elbow.

Joey, with his toys from his cake and the monkey I made for him last year for his birthday.

Lexi, kissing the baby doll that I made for her birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment