Friday, June 29, 2012

4th Afghan Started

I have started the fourth and last afghan.  It is being done in blocks like the others, but the blocks are sewn in a diamond shape, rather than square.  That means that the edge blocks need to be done triangular.  I kept doubting that it was going to come out looking right as I was knitting the first triangular block.  Much to my surprise, it came out looking just like it should, and the size was perfect.  I just couldn't see how it was going to work out as I was knitting it.  I marvel at the designers of these projects.  I can't see it until it is completed, but they must be able to visualize as they go. I am continually amazed at the ability to create such detailed patterns as some of the projects have.  Here is a sample of the three colors and patterns for the blocks of this afghan.

All the edge blocks and the corners will be done in this azure blue and broken rib stitch. This is an edge block.  The corner blocks are the same, but are smaller.

This Cape Cod blue is the main color and alternates with the sky blue blocks. They are done in a Trinity stitch, which is really the exact same stitch as I used in a previous afghan that was called the Blackberry stitch.

There are half as many sky blue blocks as the Cape Cod ones.  These are done in a cabled pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment