Monday, June 25, 2012

Afghan #3 Complete

I just finished the third afghan.  Only one more to go.  I will get it started later today.  I am anxious to complete all four and find another project to start.  So far, each afghan has been a bit larger than the one before.  I didn't expect this to happen, but because I am using different patterns, they are coming out that way.  This one is similar to the last one because it has repeated color and pattern blocks that are the same size.  This one is a 5x6 blocks, whereas, the last one was just a 4x5 blocks. Although the blocks of the 4x5 were larger, they still made a smaller afghan. I liked most of this pattern, but I was disappointed in one of the block patterns.  It was just a plain stockinette stitch.  The others all had a little texture to them.  I find the stockinette a little too loose looking. The blocks seem to pucker and not hold a solid shape, as do the other patterns. If I ever make this afghan again, I will use a different pattern for the stockinette stitch blocks.  I really liked the berry and blackberry stitches I used in the last afghan.  I probably would substitute the stockinette with one of those stitches.

Again, my camera does not give a true color.  The darker blocks are actually hunter green, instead of black as it appears to be.   The rest of the colors looks right.

No comments:

Post a Comment