Friday, May 18, 2012

Another Four Animals

I started to make a puppy for a new baby.  I wanted it completed to take when I took a meal to the family.  Joey was so interested in what I was knitting this time.  He really liked the puppy and asked me to make him a frog that he saw in the pattern book I was using.  I promised him the frog when I finished the puppy.  Little did I know that it would keep me up until 1:30 a.m. to have it finished for him the next day like I promised.  A lesson learned...be careful of what you promise. It may be more difficult than you expect.  No, the frog was not that difficult, it is just that I did not get a chance to start working on it until after 9:00 at night.  Well, I finished the frog and wanted to get another animal, a skunk, finished the next day to take to the family that evening when I took the meal.  This second animal was to go to the sister of the new baby.  As I was working on the skunk, I got another request from Joey.  This time it was for his sister Lexi.  He asked me to make her a pig.  I was careful not to say that I would have it done when she arrived in the morning.  I just told him that I would make her one.  Well, I started it last night and finished the head.  Today, I was able to finish the rest of the pig.  Now, Joey asked me to make a cat.  I told him that it was enough.  I'm not going to make any more animals for now.

Joey's Frankie the Frog

Puppy with a bone

Front view of the skunk is a little dark.

Side view of skunk shows the stripe down the back.

Lexi and her piggie and Joey with his froggy.

Lexi's piggie.  We are still waiting on a name.

I guess it will be back to working on the afghans again.  I have nearly three rows out of the five that I need to complete for the one I am working on now.  That means I have eleven of the twenty squares completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment