Monday, April 23, 2012

Cowboy Ellis

Ellis was in town for a few days last week and stayed over at my house.  He said that he really needed for me to make him a cowboy vest.  I went down stairs to look for some material to make it with.  I was surprised to find just the very thing I needed.  I didn't even know that I owned this material, and I don't have a clue where it came from, but it was perfect for the project.  I found a huge ironed on patch with a cow's skull and some Indian feathers on it.  I was able to use the material it was ironed on to to make the back of the vest.  I found some other material that I used to make Joey's Luke Skywalker boots for Halloween to make the front of the vest.  When I finished it, Ellis said that he needed to have some holes in it.  He meant that he wanted button holes.  I was not going to put buttons on the vest, but he really wanted them.  I, of course, put in the buttonholes and sewed on the buttons.  He wore the vest everyday, until he accidentally got peanut butter on it and his mom said he had to take it off so she could wash it.  Here are some pictures of my little cowboy in his vest.

Side view of Cowboy Ellis in his vest.

Vest from the back.

Front view...raspberries and all.

Plum tuckered out from all his hard cowboy playing.
He played so hard that he fell asleep on a grain sack in the barn.


No comments:

Post a Comment