Friday, February 1, 2013

"Ahhhh! Sweet Success

The first Noah's Ark play mat is completed.  Last night, I showed the animals. Tonight, I am showing the complete set.  It is always nice to complete a project.

This is the "Noah Has Landed" mat by itself.

This shows all the toy animals next to their mates attached to the mat.


This shows all the toys stuffed inside the ark. It is a tight squeeze, but they all do fit.
This shows the mat tied up with all the animals safely tucked inside for safe storage.

I turned my attention to another project tonight.  I am making quiet activity books for the sibling and a cousin of the twins to be. I am making them out of felt and hot glue.  I will not be doing any type of sewing or stitching with these books.  I already have the pages of the books assembled and completed the front covers.  I have to do some more prep work before I can begin to create the activities.  I plan to have activities like: lacing and tying a shoe, buttoning a shirt or blouse, zipping and snapping a pair of pants, zipping and buckling a coat, building with shapes (a house for the girl sibling and a boat for the boy cousin), and matching colored balloons with the color words. I am still working on an idea for doing something with counting or numbers.  I think I will have pictures of different amounts of objects and have the numbers for the child to match to the correct picture. Yea, I think I will do that.  It sounds good to me.  Glad I thought of it.  My mind is always working.  I hope I can put things away in my head for the night so that I can sleep.  I have been having a problem sleeping lately, because I have been so wound up with these play mats.

No comments:

Post a Comment