Sunday, February 10, 2013

PJs for Joey

Whenever I get a request for something, I take a break from my current project and get right to work on it.  Cheryl requested button up pajamas for Joey because he is practicing his buttoning and he wants to wear button up pajamas every night.  He only has two pairs...one that I made for him for Christmas over a year ago and this pair is getting rather small on him, and a pair of Santa pajamas.  I bought the material for three pairs on Thursday night.  We were anticipating a blizzard on Friday, so I wanted to be able to work on them during the storm.  My goal was to get them finished before we lost power, since it was predicted that we would definitely lose it.  I started to cut them out on Sat. morning, just as the snow was beginning to come down.  I worked on them all day, and when night came, I had finished the sewing without losing power for my machine.  I could not believe that we had not lost it yet, because the winds were really blowing hard and the snow had built up on the trees and power lines.  I finished putting on the last button and got up to get my camera to take pictures for my blog.  I never even got to the camera and the lights went out.  It was about 9:30.  I was so happy to have finished my project, but could not believe my luck.  We were without power all day on Sat., so Cheryl came to my house with the kids to stay warm.  I have a wood stove, and she had no heat at all.  Joey was excited to see his pajamas and chose to wear the dinosaur pair first. 

Picture of all three pairs.

Joey looking mean in his dinosaurs.

Now that I have finished the pajamas, I am starting a new project before I get back to the play mat.  Kim wants more socks and she has prepaid for them.  I need to keep my customers happy, so I will get the socks finished before I finish the mat.  I only have two animals and their mates left to knit for that, along with the ark, rainbow, and the rest of the mat itself. I am furious with myself, because I started the first sock and knitted about forty rounds before I realized I was making the wrong size.  I had to take it all out and start over.  Why do I make so much work for myself.  Oh, the silliness of it all.  Joey would say, "Silly Grandma," and  he would be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment