Monday, June 2, 2014

Ezra's Hobby Horse

I was visiting at my grandson's the other day and witnessed him riding a stick.  It gave me an idea to make him a stick horse.  I knew I had a pattern for one, so I started to make it yesterday.  I cut it out and sewed it today.  I took it to him and here are some pictures to show it.

When I took it to him, he was not home, so I left it leaning on the door for him.

Later, I captured this shot of him riding his horse.  Giddy up cowboy Ezra.

I guess one day he will grow into it if he has not already wrecked it by then.  There isn't much distance between the ground and his crotch.  The poor horse's head is dragging the ground.  I had to make some quick alterations because the head kept coming off.  I was afraid that would happen.  I followed the pattern to attach it, but it didn't seem tight enough.  I finally just duct taped it on.  It shouldn't come off now.  I also had to reattach the reins because the little wire that was attached to the plastic ring came open.  I just sewed the ring to the horse instead of using the wire.  Hopefully, it will stay together now.

No comments:

Post a Comment