Friday, June 27, 2014

Birthday Time Again

June is the month for birthday parties and projects for Joey and Lexi.  I actually made two shirts for each of them this year.  I made the first ones out of darker colors.  Joey's was red and Lexi's was a dark shade of pink.  I had bought youth small shirts, but they were too big for them.  They will have to use them for sleep shirts.  I used the same pictures on both shirts, but the second shirts were the light blue and pink like I have used in the past.  I was afraid they would be too small because they were 4Ts and Lexi is four, but Joey is five.  As it turned out, Lexi's is still too big, but Joey's is just right.  They had two parties this year for both of them at the same time.  Last week, they had a party at a party place and had their school friends at that party.  Today, they had the family, church friends, and other close friends of the family and they had it at their home.  So, they already had worn the shirts before I got pictures of them.  I bought the cake last week and had them put the same pictures on the cake that I used on my shirts.  The costumes they are wearing in the pictures are the birthday presents I made for them.  Joey is Captain America and Lexi is Elsa from Frozen. I have already shown pictures of these in a earlier blog. I made the cakes for today's party and I put figures of their favorite characters from Avengers and Frozen.

This is the birthday cake for last week's party.  I'm showing it because of the costumes, not because of the cake.  I did not make it.  I love what they can do in putting pictures on cakes. Joey is in red because that is his favorite color and I think the blue looks nice with Lexi's blue Elsa dress.

Lexi's Frozen birthday cake.

Joey's Avengers birthday cake.

Lexi's "Lexi at four, Let It Go" birthday shirt.

Joey's "Joey at five, Fight for the Right" birthday shirt. Sorry for the wrinkles and the little pucker spot from where he had a super hero badge pinned for his last party.  I couldn't get the pucker out for the picture.

Close up of Joey's picture.

Close up of Lexi's picture.
Joey at five looks so grown up.

Lexi loves to pose for pictures.  I was trying to get the shirt, but she wouldn't cooperate by standing still. She was too busy letting it go.

Party time is over, so now it is back to work on the play mat sets for the babies.  I really need to get the baby stuff done so that I can get back to the pillows for Christmas.  I have so many of them to get made.

No comments:

Post a Comment