Saturday, October 3, 2015

Aahh...the Sweaters are Done!

I just finished the last of the sweater jackets that I am making for the granddaughters for Christmas.  I just finished Annie's, my youngest granddaughter.  It looks so cute.  I am happy to be finished with this project.

Annie is just 13 months now, so this is much smaller than the others.  It barely fit the hanger, as you can see, the arms are sticking way out.

I made a little mistake in the back of the sweater.  I was suppose to do short rows with four new stitches each time, but I did it with two new stitches, and so the back is longer in the middle than it should be. It still looks okay, but the back is quite a bit longer than the front and it should only be a little bit longer like with the other sweaters.

I am now ready to get back to the grandsons' jackets that I am sewing on the machine.  I still need to cut them out and sew them.  I wanted to finish the first two to see if they would come out the right size.  I need to use a whole new pattern for the two that are left.  I hate starting with a  new pattern because I don't like finding the pieces on the big sheets of pattern and having to cut them out to start putting them on the material.  It always takes more time than I like to devote to it.  But, since I am not good at enlarging patterns, I will need to do it to get the right size for the older boys. I also need to get to work on something for the men.  I have decided to do hats. Some will be slouchies (probably two) and the other three will be regular hats. I'm glad that the women's gifts are already finished, which I will blog after Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment