Monday, April 4, 2011

It didn't take long.

Well, just when I thought I could just do some projects for the fun of it, I got another request.  That is good, though, because I like doing things for others.   Recently, my grandson, Joey, has become very attached to his sister's two fringe tied baby quilts.  He loves to feel the fringe.  His mother asked me today to make one for him that is more boyish colored.  His sister's quilts are yellow and purple.  I had some plain red, but nothing to go on the reverse side.  I stopped by the fabric store and was thrilled to find a great bargain on team logo fleece.  It was on sale for 30% off.  I was just about to buy some Red Sox fleece when I passed by the remnant rack and found some Red Sox logo fleece sitting right on top.  The best part of it all is that the remnants were also on sale for 50% off.  They honor both sales, so I got the 30% and then another 50% off.  Not a bad deal!  I love it when I happen by a good bargain like that.  Usually, I just miss the sale.  So, another project complete.  I knitted a couple of dish cloths last night and started a woman's ribbed and cabled shell today.  It's fun to do cables again.

I think this should do the trick.  It's definitely more boyish and it has balls on it.  Joey loves balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment