Sunday, April 3, 2011

No more monkey business!

I've just completed Joey's monkey.  I decided to cheat a little on this one.  Instead of making the clothes I dressed him up in, I went to the store and bought some new born size clothes and they fit perfectly.  I found a little sun visor for an 18 in. doll and some baby sneakers that were just what I needed to finish the outfit.  Using a little hand stitching, I sewed the shoes and visor in place.  Also, I had to cut a hole in the back of the pants to fit the tail.  I sewed that into place, and now it is all complete.  He looks like he is ready to play ball with Joey, who is a little ball crazy.  Maybe I will knit a soccer ball to go with the monkey.  I will see because I have already knit a ball for Joey.  He probably doesn't need another one.

Ready to play ball.
I guess for awhile, I will just knit some odds and ends projects.  I don't have anything special in plan, so I will just see what I have for patterns that looks fun to do.  I always have to have something going.

1 comment: