Thursday, March 31, 2011

A few more completed projects

Three more projects are finished.  I completed the two embroidered pillows for Lucy and Lexi.  I also fit in a new idea I had for the upcoming little one.  I'm not sure what made me think of it, but I decided that it might be fun to make a photo cube with pictures of the family for the new baby.  I drew up a plan to knit the cube with different shapes for the frames.  I used clear plastic covers to place behind the frames to protect the photos.  The face colors of the cube is done in bright rainbow colors.  It worked perfectly to have a frame for the baby (pentagon), the momma (heart), the papa (diamond), the brother (triangle), the whole family (rectangle), and a mirror (circle).  I used a foam cube to hold the frames in shape.  It was fun, even though I had a little bit of a problem sewing the plastic into place.  All-in-all, not bad.  Now, I just have to wait for the baby to arrive to take the family shot and a photo of the baby.  Should be any day now.  I'm sure getting excited for my newest grand baby.

Sylvester the cat is for Lexi and Daffy Duck is for Lucy.

This is the photo cube with the mirror and Momma faces shown.
While I was working on these projects, my daughter asked me to make a church dress for Lexi, so I got right on it.  I already had some nice material and plenty of patterns.  She just wanted something simple and sleeveless.  She said she would just put a shirt under it.  Although sleeves are not a problem for me to put in, it does save a lot of time when it isn't necessary to do them.  Now that these things are all done, I need to get back to Joey's monkey.  I took a little vacation from it, so that I could do these other things.  I still have the arms, tail, and one leg to do to finish it.  Hope to be done by next week.

Here's my little doll in her new dress.

Could you be any cuter?

No comments:

Post a Comment