Saturday, March 19, 2011

Jack Jack's dino

Jackson's birthday isn't until May, but I wanted to finish his pillow now because they are up from Pennsylvania and I don't get to see them often.  I don't know if we will be able to get down to see them before his birthday, so I wanted to have his dinosaur pillow ready for them to take back with them.  I just decided to do it about three days ago, so I had to work fast.  I used a pattern that I had for a toy, and like I did with the fish, I just enlarged it to make it pillow size.  I had a few problems with carrying the colors across the back this time.  I'm not sure why, because I have done this type of patterning before.  I was either getting it too tight, or too loose, and it wasn't looking quite right.  However, as I have said before, yarn is quite forgiving, and you can cover up some mistakes quite nicely.  I think the dinosaur came out looking okay, even though I doubted myself a few times along the way.

This dinosaur's spine was a nice way to use up yarn scraps.
I've decided to make embroidered pillows for Lucy and Lexi.  I found some old squares I had made years ago with an intention to make a quilt out of large blocks with embroidered Looney Tune characters.  Somewhere along the way I either used the other squares, or lost them, or something else, but I only had two left.  I decided they would make nice pillows for the little girls.  One is of Daffy Duck and the other is of Sylvester.  Now that the knitted pillows are complete, I can get back to embroidering.

2 comments:

  1. What did you stuff the dino with? It came out so adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just used polyester fiberfill. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete