Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Zoe's Butterfly Pillow

Just a short note to say that another project is completed and I'm already on a new one...a monkey for my little monkey.


Butterflies are beautiful

This butterfly was a little more challenging than I had thought it would be.  It wouldn't have been much of a problem if I had not somehow miscounted my stitches with the first wing that I made.  When I tried to just reverse the stitches for the second side, I realized that I had more stitches than I should have had, so I tried to correct the mistake as I worked the second side...what I got was totally confused.  I had to finish the second side and try to reconstruct the first side to match the second side.  If that sounds confusing to you, that is because it was confusing to me.  Finally, by the time I got to my last wing side, I had everything worked out and it looked pretty symmetrical after all.  The body worked out just as I hoped it would, so that was great.  I used a technique that I learned about while making the elephant's trunk in the Noah's Ark play mat for the antenna by making a flexible cord.  It is stiff enough to stand straight out, yet flexible enough to bend.  I'm not as happy with the colors of the butterfly as I would like, but I try to use up yarn that I have around and this is what I had that matched well enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment